It's MAC Championship Week! And, Akron has a game this week! Those two things aren't totally related!
This podcast loves Ohio's chances to win, even without QB Kurtis Rourke. Toledo looked pretty solid in the first half of the year, it's been less-than-perfect in the back half of the year.
Who ya got?
Tim Lester was fired by Western Michigan, which makes WMU the first head coach opening in the MAC this offseason. The timing's a little weird, but WMU almost always does a good job in their coaching searches. They've just got to act fast on its coaching hire.
Who are they gonna get?
Buffalo and Akron have a football game to play on Friday, the day before the MAC title game, on ESPN+. This game was initially snowed out (because the MAC sat on its hands and acted more slowly than the NFL did), and was able to be played since Buffalo lost last week. Buffalo has a bowl game to play for, and Akron just beat the living snot out of NIU, 44-12.
In our collective, unbiased opinion: Go Zips.
Twitters: @ARAlvarado13, @Kaleb_M_Carter, and @NIFFOCNITSUJ.
- Alex's newsletter, The Ypsilanti Eleven: https://www.ypsi11.com/
- Kaleb's newsletter, CSL Varsity: https://thecslvarsitynewsletter.substack.com/
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/mac-football-pod/id1554654736
- Podbay: https://podbay.fm/p/mac-football-pod
- Podbean: https://macfootballpod.podbean.com/
- Podcast Addict: https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/3534990
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6nA2YCoJJUTmCBMHm7LOA4
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.